Assassin's Creed 3 on the PlayStation 3 includes "60 minutes" of exclusive gameplay, according to box art seen in the game's listing on Amazon UK.
At E3 2012, Sony and Ubisoft revealed that the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed 3 would include four exclusive downloadable missions. The PS3 version of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which came out in 2010, also offered exclusive missions.
We reached out to Ubisoft for comment on the updated box art, asking if they could provide specifics on the content and whether it is exclusive to the UK or to Amazon. A Ubisoft representative did not confirm or deny the box art's "60 minutes" claim, and gave Polygon the following statement:
At E3 2012, Ubisoft announced that Assassin's Creed III will feature exclusive content on the PlayStation 3. We will have more information on what is included in this content at a later date.
Assassin's Creed 3 is set for release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on October 30th in North America, and October 31st in Europe. A PlayStation 3 bundle featuring the game will be available on its launch date.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks