Sony trademarks two new games.
A trademark filed by Sony Computer Entertainment for two new video games titled Rain and Until Dawn was spotted with just one week to go before the publisher's Gamescom press conference, fueling rumors of an incoming announcement.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe then filed the trademark with The Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market on the same day. A graphic for the title was provided by Sony with this European trademark, showing the games title in a stylized font.
Sony Computer Entertainment America re-registered a trademark for Until Dawn, with a European trademark secured by its European branch on May 4th of this year. Until Dawn was a previously cancelled PlayStation Move project first seen in the peripheral's "In Production" trailer, featuring a motion-controlled flashlight and teen horror-style premise, a source close to Sony told Polygon.
Earlier in April an animate GIF file of never-before-seen PlayStation game footage leaked to NeoGAF of quick time event-based combat that contained a recurrent theme of rainstorms, leading many to wonder whether this is the first glimpse of the trademarked Rain title.
Sony's Gamescom press conference is scheduled to take place August 14th.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'