"Shadowrun Online" developer video demonstrates the concept of a multi-layered world.
The Kickstarter page for Shadowrun Online posted a new video today demonstrating the game's multi-layered world and announced a Reddit AMA with the team scheduled for tomorrow August 8th at 3:00 p.m. EST.
The video below shows Shadowrun's "contextual gameplay," a system in which players interact with the in-game environment "layers" differently depending on their skills and abilities. Through their combined efforts a team can use individual experiences to shape strategies for overcoming challenges.
"A Hacker may be interacting with access nodes, security devices and hostile drones in Augmented Reality, while a Street Samurai can perceive weaknesses in the enemy's armor or see the cover benefits granted by objects in the world. Mages can sense the life essence and magical abilities of enemies and objects through walls and even see augmentations on living beings as 'essence dead zones,'" a post on the page explains.
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming