"Shadowrun Online" developer video demonstrates the concept of a multi-layered world.
The Kickstarter page for Shadowrun Online posted a new video today demonstrating the game's multi-layered world and announced a Reddit AMA with the team scheduled for tomorrow August 8th at 3:00 p.m. EST.
The video below shows Shadowrun's "contextual gameplay," a system in which players interact with the in-game environment "layers" differently depending on their skills and abilities. Through their combined efforts a team can use individual experiences to shape strategies for overcoming challenges.
"A Hacker may be interacting with access nodes, security devices and hostile drones in Augmented Reality, while a Street Samurai can perceive weaknesses in the enemy's armor or see the cover benefits granted by objects in the world. Mages can sense the life essence and magical abilities of enemies and objects through walls and even see augmentations on living beings as 'essence dead zones,'" a post on the page explains.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business