Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, the 2010 downloadable beat-'em-up based on the Edgar Wright film, is getting online multiplayer and a new character in an upcoming add-on, Major Nelson revealed today.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, the 2010 downloadable beat-'em-up based on Bryan Lee O'Malley's comic book series, is getting online multiplayer and a new character in an upcoming add-on, Major Nelson revealed today.
The downloadable content, which will cost $5 (400 Microsoft Points), brings in Wallace Wells, Scott Pilgrim's 25-year-old gay roommate, as a playable character. It is scheduled to be released on August 19th.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game originally launched on Xbox Live Arcade on August 25th, 2010, and on the PlayStation Network on August 10th of that year. It only featured local multiplayer gameplay, so we're happy to hear that it's finally going online — even if it's two years afterward.
We've reached out to Ubisoft to see if this add-on will also be made available for the PSN version of the game.
Update: Fear not, PSN players. A Ubisoft representative told Polygon over email, "The content will be available on both XBLA and PSN. More information regarding the DLC will be available closer to launch."
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer