Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, the 2010 downloadable beat-'em-up based on the Edgar Wright film, is getting online multiplayer and a new character in an upcoming add-on, Major Nelson revealed today.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, the 2010 downloadable beat-'em-up based on Bryan Lee O'Malley's comic book series, is getting online multiplayer and a new character in an upcoming add-on, Major Nelson revealed today.
The downloadable content, which will cost $5 (400 Microsoft Points), brings in Wallace Wells, Scott Pilgrim's 25-year-old gay roommate, as a playable character. It is scheduled to be released on August 19th.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game originally launched on Xbox Live Arcade on August 25th, 2010, and on the PlayStation Network on August 10th of that year. It only featured local multiplayer gameplay, so we're happy to hear that it's finally going online — even if it's two years afterward.
We've reached out to Ubisoft to see if this add-on will also be made available for the PSN version of the game.
Update: Fear not, PSN players. A Ubisoft representative told Polygon over email, "The content will be available on both XBLA and PSN. More information regarding the DLC will be available closer to launch."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy