HD remakes of three Metal Gear games will make their downloadable debuts on PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace later this month.
HD remakes of three Metal Gear games will make their downloadable debuts on PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace later this month, according to a press release from publisher Konami.
On August 21st, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition will be available to purchase for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which includes both games in one bundle, will be available through Xbox Games On Demand.
One week later, on August 28th, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will be available for PS3 and 360, and the HD Collection will be available on PS3.
Beginning last year, each of these games saw a retail release, roughly coinciding with the franchise's 25th anniversary. Earlier this week, Metal Gear Solid 4: Sons of Liberty received a patch that brought trophy support.
The cyborg ninja-infused Metal Gear spinoff, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, is set for release in 2013, but Konami released gameplay footage from the E3 demo recently. Revengeance will also make an appearance at Gamescom later this month, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news from Cologne, Germany.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)