BioWare bringing "The Old Republic" and the new Ancient Hypergates warzone to Gamescom next week.
BioWare is bringing Star Wars: The Old Republic's new player-versus-player warzone, the Ancient Hypergates, to Gamescom next week, according to a post on the game's official website.
Attendees will be able to test out the game's latest battlefield with their personal account or by signing up on the spot for a Free Trial and playing one of the game's Origin Worlds. The development team has also promised to drop by and challenge players in the new warzone.
BioWare also announced that EA will unveil new details on the future of The Old Republic at the company's press conference on Tuesday, August 14th.
Recently BioWare announced that Star Wars: The Old Republic would be free-to-play with a subscription option by November, and that its subscriber count had slipped below one million shortly before this decision.
Gamescom will take place August 16th through August 19th, and Polygon will be on site for all your coverage needs.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?