BioWare bringing "The Old Republic" and the new Ancient Hypergates warzone to Gamescom next week.
BioWare is bringing Star Wars: The Old Republic's new player-versus-player warzone, the Ancient Hypergates, to Gamescom next week, according to a post on the game's official website.
Attendees will be able to test out the game's latest battlefield with their personal account or by signing up on the spot for a Free Trial and playing one of the game's Origin Worlds. The development team has also promised to drop by and challenge players in the new warzone.
BioWare also announced that EA will unveil new details on the future of The Old Republic at the company's press conference on Tuesday, August 14th.
Recently BioWare announced that Star Wars: The Old Republic would be free-to-play with a subscription option by November, and that its subscriber count had slipped below one million shortly before this decision.
Gamescom will take place August 16th through August 19th, and Polygon will be on site for all your coverage needs.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month