Konami patches Silent Hill HD Collection for PS3, but kills plans for Xbox 360 version.
Publisher Konami said today it no longer plans to update the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection, a pair of less-than-stellar high-definition ports of classic horror games Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3. Plans for a title update for the Xbox 360 release have been canceled due to "technical issues and resources."
Konami announced in April that it would fix frame rate issues and audio-syncing bugs in Silent Hill HD through updates via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. While Konami made good on a patch for the PlayStation 3 release of Silent Hill HD Collection in July, Xbox 360 owners appear to be out of luck.
"Konami apologizes to any players who are continuing to experience these issues on the Xbox 360," the company said in a release.
The publisher's decision to pull back on releasing a fix for the Silent Hill collection comes less than a month after developer Polytron opted not to address problems with a title update for Xbox Live Arcade game Fez, citing the cost of patch certification at Microsoft.
Polygon has contacted Konami for further clarification on the decision.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?