Konami patches Silent Hill HD Collection for PS3, but kills plans for Xbox 360 version.
Publisher Konami said today it no longer plans to update the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection, a pair of less-than-stellar high-definition ports of classic horror games Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3. Plans for a title update for the Xbox 360 release have been canceled due to "technical issues and resources."
Konami announced in April that it would fix frame rate issues and audio-syncing bugs in Silent Hill HD through updates via PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. While Konami made good on a patch for the PlayStation 3 release of Silent Hill HD Collection in July, Xbox 360 owners appear to be out of luck.
"Konami apologizes to any players who are continuing to experience these issues on the Xbox 360," the company said in a release.
The publisher's decision to pull back on releasing a fix for the Silent Hill collection comes less than a month after developer Polytron opted not to address problems with a title update for Xbox Live Arcade game Fez, citing the cost of patch certification at Microsoft.
Polygon has contacted Konami for further clarification on the decision.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Wii U pre-orders see a huge increase after Gamescom, says Amazon
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?