The makers of JC2-MP, the multiplayer mod for Avalanche Studios' Just Cause 2, are running an open beta this weekend.
The makers of "JC2-MP," the multiplayer mod for Avalanche Studios' Just Cause 2, are running an open beta this weekend.
Starting at 4 a.m. ET on Saturday, August 11th, the test period will run for 48 hours "if everything goes as expected." Since JC2-MP is a mod, it requires an existing PC copy of Just Cause 2, and the mod's creators warn against discussing pirated versions of the game, let alone trying to use them with the mod.
Once the beta is live, a new client will be available for download. This weekend's test will run on version 0.0.4 of the beta client, which includes bug fixes and the following new features:
- Added weapon sync
- Added animation sync
- Added 2,100 new vehicle spawns
To get a glimpse of what JC2-MP brings to Just Cause 2, watch the trailer below. Just Cause 2 originally launched on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on March 23rd, 2010.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it