Submissions are open for the 2013 Independent Games Festival.
Submissions are now open for the 2013 Independent Games Festival, which will be held at the 2013 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, the organization announced today.
Applicants have until October 17th to enter the Main Showcase and until October 31st for the Student Showcase. Six finalists, expanded from the overall five winners in previous years, will be selected for each category for a chance at the festival's grand prize of $30,000.
Other prizes include the $5,000 Nuovo Award for "abstract, shortform, and unconventional" games and awards for excellence in the art, audio, design, and technology categories. Winners will be announced at the Game Developers Conference on March 27th, 2013.
Applicants can sign up at the Independent Games Festival website.
Last year the Independent Games Festival garnered over 850 submissions. Notable past winners include Spelunky, Minecraft, Fez, Dear Esther, Super T.I.M.E. Force, Amnesia, Bastion, and Super Crate Box.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes