Submissions are open for the 2013 Independent Games Festival.
Submissions are now open for the 2013 Independent Games Festival, which will be held at the 2013 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, the organization announced today.
Applicants have until October 17th to enter the Main Showcase and until October 31st for the Student Showcase. Six finalists, expanded from the overall five winners in previous years, will be selected for each category for a chance at the festival's grand prize of $30,000.
Other prizes include the $5,000 Nuovo Award for "abstract, shortform, and unconventional" games and awards for excellence in the art, audio, design, and technology categories. Winners will be announced at the Game Developers Conference on March 27th, 2013.
Applicants can sign up at the Independent Games Festival website.
Last year the Independent Games Festival garnered over 850 submissions. Notable past winners include Spelunky, Minecraft, Fez, Dear Esther, Super T.I.M.E. Force, Amnesia, Bastion, and Super Crate Box.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel leading new indie studio Wild Sheep, will stay at Ubisoft