Obsidian teases new game.
Obsidian Entertainment, the studio behind Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II and Fallout: New Vegas, is teasing a new untitled game on the front page of its official website.
The developer's website is now replaced by an image of an ouroboros surrounding the number four. Clicking on the icon takes users to a speculation forum for what is being called Project X.
"What do the words mean?" reads the site. "Nothing. The Dirge of Eír Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must."
Additional text is available within the page source:
"X . X X . X X To tenderness, fellowship. To fellowship, vigilance. So bring we all to the Night Market. I am the Spindle of Esenath. Know me by my light and stand with me in darkness."
It is so far believed the title will be a new IP for the developer.
Earlier in March, Obsidian Entertainment was hit with a round of layoffs, believed to have impacted the team behind South Park: The Stick of Truth. A next-gen project was also said to be cancelled, codenamed Project North Carolina.
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- The Titanfall for Vita that wasn't and the decision that changed its name
- PS3 bundled with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for $269 at Walmart
- Meet the gay soldier you didn't know was in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City