"The Secret World" lead designer Martin Bruusgaard was let go from developer Funcom in the company's round of layoffs last week,
The Secret World lead designer Martin Bruusgaard was let go from developer Funcom in the company's recent round of layoffs, Bruusgaard confirmed on Twitter late yesterday.
"Unfortunately, I'm not with Funcom anymore," the designer tweeted in response to a fan question. He confirmed that he found new job in IT.
"I think that 50 percent was an overall Funcom percentage," he said, referring to the number of employees let go.
"Also, rest assured that TSW is in good hands," Bruusgard added. "We have some awesome people working on it, and it's going full speed ahead!"
- Development hell: The video game
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free