Valve announces first Steam Greenlight-approved titles, including Black Mesa Source, McPixel, Project Zomboid, Routine, and more.
Less than two weeks after the launch of Valve's Steam Greenlight program, ten independently developed video games have been approved for distribution through Steam, including the long-in-development, unofficial Half-Life remake Black Mesa.
The first ten games to be passed through Greenlight, where the Steam community helps select prospective titles to be sold through Valve's digital distribution platform, are a diverse bunch. They include the first-person atmospheric exploration game Dream and pixelated adventure-parody McPixel. The Steam community appears to have a strong taste for horror, with Cry of Fear, Project Zomboid, No More Room in Hell, and Routine representing the genre in the Greenlight launch list.
Here's the full list of Steam Greenlight launch titles, which have been selected from hundreds of submissions. Valve says is plans to announce additional titles coming to Steam via Greenlight "soon."
- Black Mesa
- Cry of Fear
- Heroes & Generals
- No More Room in Hell
- Project Zomboid
Steam Greenlight went live on August 30th, giving Steam members the power to promote games for distribution via Steam. Following a bumpy launch plagued with bogus and incomplete game submissions, Valve instituted a $100 fee for developers to list their games on Greenlight, a move that was met with some resistance from the indie dev community.
- Madden 15 review: victory formation
- Sarkeesian driven out of home by online abuse and death threats
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Amazon and Twitch are the competitors YouTube needs
- A lightning tour of Infamous: First Light's scaled-down scope
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- SWAT threat locks down school, gets Counter-Strike player slammed to the ground
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King - A spoiler-free guide
- In loving memory of video games
- What's exclusive to the PlayStation versions of Destiny?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26