Valve announces first Steam Greenlight-approved titles, including Black Mesa Source, McPixel, Project Zomboid, Routine, and more.
Less than two weeks after the launch of Valve's Steam Greenlight program, ten independently developed video games have been approved for distribution through Steam, including the long-in-development, unofficial Half-Life remake Black Mesa.
The first ten games to be passed through Greenlight, where the Steam community helps select prospective titles to be sold through Valve's digital distribution platform, are a diverse bunch. They include the first-person atmospheric exploration game Dream and pixelated adventure-parody McPixel. The Steam community appears to have a strong taste for horror, with Cry of Fear, Project Zomboid, No More Room in Hell, and Routine representing the genre in the Greenlight launch list.
Here's the full list of Steam Greenlight launch titles, which have been selected from hundreds of submissions. Valve says is plans to announce additional titles coming to Steam via Greenlight "soon."
- Black Mesa
- Cry of Fear
- Heroes & Generals
- No More Room in Hell
- Project Zomboid
Steam Greenlight went live on August 30th, giving Steam members the power to promote games for distribution via Steam. Following a bumpy launch plagued with bogus and incomplete game submissions, Valve instituted a $100 fee for developers to list their games on Greenlight, a move that was met with some resistance from the indie dev community.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth videos detail damage-dealing Boost system
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!