Valve announces first Steam Greenlight-approved titles, including Black Mesa Source, McPixel, Project Zomboid, Routine, and more.
Less than two weeks after the launch of Valve's Steam Greenlight program, ten independently developed video games have been approved for distribution through Steam, including the long-in-development, unofficial Half-Life remake Black Mesa.
The first ten games to be passed through Greenlight, where the Steam community helps select prospective titles to be sold through Valve's digital distribution platform, are a diverse bunch. They include the first-person atmospheric exploration game Dream and pixelated adventure-parody McPixel. The Steam community appears to have a strong taste for horror, with Cry of Fear, Project Zomboid, No More Room in Hell, and Routine representing the genre in the Greenlight launch list.
Here's the full list of Steam Greenlight launch titles, which have been selected from hundreds of submissions. Valve says is plans to announce additional titles coming to Steam via Greenlight "soon."
- Black Mesa
- Cry of Fear
- Heroes & Generals
- No More Room in Hell
- Project Zomboid
Steam Greenlight went live on August 30th, giving Steam members the power to promote games for distribution via Steam. Following a bumpy launch plagued with bogus and incomplete game submissions, Valve instituted a $100 fee for developers to list their games on Greenlight, a move that was met with some resistance from the indie dev community.
- Titanfall - Overview video
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Skrillex launches full-length album within mobile game Alien Ride
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Battle.net authentication server issues causing sign-in problems (update)
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Hibernum hires former Ubisoft, Eidos exec
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.