Valve announces first Steam Greenlight-approved titles, including Black Mesa Source, McPixel, Project Zomboid, Routine, and more.
Less than two weeks after the launch of Valve's Steam Greenlight program, ten independently developed video games have been approved for distribution through Steam, including the long-in-development, unofficial Half-Life remake Black Mesa.
The first ten games to be passed through Greenlight, where the Steam community helps select prospective titles to be sold through Valve's digital distribution platform, are a diverse bunch. They include the first-person atmospheric exploration game Dream and pixelated adventure-parody McPixel. The Steam community appears to have a strong taste for horror, with Cry of Fear, Project Zomboid, No More Room in Hell, and Routine representing the genre in the Greenlight launch list.
Here's the full list of Steam Greenlight launch titles, which have been selected from hundreds of submissions. Valve says is plans to announce additional titles coming to Steam via Greenlight "soon."
- Black Mesa
- Cry of Fear
- Heroes & Generals
- No More Room in Hell
- Project Zomboid
Steam Greenlight went live on August 30th, giving Steam members the power to promote games for distribution via Steam. Following a bumpy launch plagued with bogus and incomplete game submissions, Valve instituted a $100 fee for developers to list their games on Greenlight, a move that was met with some resistance from the indie dev community.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- The Elder Scrolls Online Review: other people
- Tabletop Simulator - Overview video
- MLB Perfect Inning: Can a baseball sim work on a mobile device?
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Ryse: Son of Rome Duel of Fates DLC adds three new maps
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is now free on Android and iOS
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Experience the terror of drowning in this interactive video
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)