The Neo Geo X handheld, which was previously confirmed as part of a "Neo Geo X Gold" package with a dock and joystick, will also be available by itself for $129.99, according to the product's website. In addition, hardware specs are now available.
The Neo Geo X handheld, which was previously confirmed as part of a $199.99 "Neo Geo X Gold" package including a dock and joystick, will also be available by itself for $129.99, according to the product's website.
An article on Inside-Gaming confirmed a Japanese release for the Neo Geo X: it will launch there on December 6th, the same day as in North America and Europe. The Neo Geo X will run Linux on a 1GHz processor and 128MB RAM, with a 4.3-inch LCD at a 480 x 272 resolution (identical to the PlayStation Portable). On-board storage consists of 2GB flash memory, which is expandable with an 8GB SD card. A 3.7V, 2200mAh battery will power the unit; it is rated for up to six hours of gaming, and takes three hours to fully charge, likely through the micro-USB port. The Neo Geo X Station, a dock that connects the handheld to a TV, offers HDMI and composite video outputs.
The standalone unit will still come with 20 Neo Geo games pre-installed: 3 Count Bout, Alpha Mission 2, Art of Fighting 2, Baseball Stars 2, Cyber Lip, Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury Special, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, League Bowling, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Mutation Nation, Nam-1975, Puzzled, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown 2, Super Sidekicks, The King of Fighters '95, and World Heroes Perfect.
According to Inside-Gaming, Japanese buyers will receive a bonus "Ninja Master Game Card"; the handheld's makers have not announced that offer or similar ones for other regions.
Many of those titles offered multiplayer gameplay, and the Neo Geo X will support it — but only when it is connected to a TV with the docking station. Player two will need to buy a second Neo Geo X Joystick separately, at an as-yet unknown additional cost. The Neo Geo X will be distributed in North America by Tommo, and in Europe by Blaze.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup