Dead or Alive 5's roster expands with Mila, a mixed martial arts fighter.
The Dead or Alive series has an all-new fighter. Mila, an up-and-coming practitioner of "hot-blooded" mixed martial arts, will make her debut appearance in Dead or Alive 5, where she'll fight to battle her idol, Bass Armstrong.
Mila, in addition to her duties as a waitress at Johnny's Diner, is described as a "lightning fast, orthodox striker with a strong follow-up ground game." In a new gameplay video release by developer Team Ninja today, we see Mila do her MMA thing in the ring against Dead or Alive veteran Zack, then engage in some friendly sparring with Tina Armstrong — which becomes slightly less cordial when Mila gets hit by a runaway subway car, hurling her off the side of a building.
Fortunately, Mila's as tough as the rest of the Dead or Alive crew, who tend to shrug off the explosions and wrecking ball hits of DOA5's over-the-top stages.
Dead or Alive 5 is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on September 25th.
For more Mila check out screenshots and character artwork in the gallery below.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4