Nintendo Direct to take place tomorrow with big news about the Wii U.
Nintendo's Satoru Iwata will cover the launch details for the upcoming Wii U console during tomorrow's Nintendo Direct in Japan, including its price and release date, it was revealed by the company on its Twitter account.
The presentation will also include information on the system itself, Nintendo confirmed in a tweet translated by us.
"Good evening, this is Iwata of Nintendo. Tomorrow, Wednesday September 13th, we will broadcast an online presentation about the Wii U's launch from 4pm onwards. We will announce details such as the console's price and release date."
Nintendo Direct will take place on September 13th at 4 p.m. in Japan, or 3 a.m. ET. The event will be streamed on the official Nintendo website, while Nintendo of America will hold a press conference at 10 a.m. ET in New York City. A European conference will be held at 4 p.m. CET, to run simultaneously with the North American presentation.
This confirms earlier information from sources close to Nintendo of an all-day event in New York City on September 13th that would likely offer a launch date and price point for the console, as well as feature a press briefing to reveal "more about how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment."
Tune in to Polygon for ongoing coverage.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27