The "Digging Deeper" update for Funcom's The Secret World is scheduled for release tomorrow, and the developer explained the new content in a video overview and blog post.
The "Digging Deeper" update for Funcom's The Secret World is scheduled for release tomorrow, September 13th, and the studio discussed the new content in a video and blog post.
"Digging Deeper," the game's second "Issue" of content, was originally set to launch in late August, but was pushed back to September 11th as a result of significant layoffs at Funcom. The studio delayed the launch by an additional two days after it found a problem in the update that could have allowed for a "severe exploit."
The update adds a bunch of missions to the game, continuing the story of the Kingsmouth Code quest line. More character modification options are available in New York's Modern Prometheus, an underground plastic surgery practice, and Ockham's Razor, a barber shop in London. "Digging Deeper" also includes The Secret World's first auxiliary weapon, the rocket launcher; the addition of Nightmare Mode to two more dungeons; and tweaks to make Lairs more accessible.
Watch the video overview below to see lead content designer Joel Bylos explain the new elements coming in "Digging Deeper." We've also got a few screenshots from the Issue.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Sony closing down PlayStation Home in Japan and Asia