The "Digging Deeper" update for Funcom's The Secret World is scheduled for release tomorrow, and the developer explained the new content in a video overview and blog post.
The "Digging Deeper" update for Funcom's The Secret World is scheduled for release tomorrow, September 13th, and the studio discussed the new content in a video and blog post.
"Digging Deeper," the game's second "Issue" of content, was originally set to launch in late August, but was pushed back to September 11th as a result of significant layoffs at Funcom. The studio delayed the launch by an additional two days after it found a problem in the update that could have allowed for a "severe exploit."
The update adds a bunch of missions to the game, continuing the story of the Kingsmouth Code quest line. More character modification options are available in New York's Modern Prometheus, an underground plastic surgery practice, and Ockham's Razor, a barber shop in London. "Digging Deeper" also includes The Secret World's first auxiliary weapon, the rocket launcher; the addition of Nightmare Mode to two more dungeons; and tweaks to make Lairs more accessible.
Watch the video overview below to see lead content designer Joel Bylos explain the new elements coming in "Digging Deeper." We've also got a few screenshots from the Issue.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- A global terrorist attack kicks off Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, watch the story trailer here
- EA launches subscription service on Xbox One
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'