Real Racing 3 was announced earlier this summer for iOS.
EA's Rob Murray came out to show off a feature called "time-shifted multiplayer," an asynchronous feature that lets players compete in races against each other's "ghost" cars and interact with them as if they were real. In the demo, a racer bumped a ghost car being "driven" by someone who wasn't playing at the moment.
Real Racing 3 is set for release later this year; we've reached out to EA for a specific date and will update this post with any information we receive. The iPhone 5 launches on September 21st.
Check out the announcement trailer below.
Update: An EA spokesperson confirmed to Polygon, "We have not announced a release date for Real Racing 3, other than it's coming out later this year." We now have the first official screenshot as well — gawk at it below.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.