Real Racing 3 was announced earlier this summer for iOS.
EA's Rob Murray came out to show off a feature called "time-shifted multiplayer," an asynchronous feature that lets players compete in races against each other's "ghost" cars and interact with them as if they were real. In the demo, a racer bumped a ghost car being "driven" by someone who wasn't playing at the moment.
Real Racing 3 is set for release later this year; we've reached out to EA for a specific date and will update this post with any information we receive. The iPhone 5 launches on September 21st.
Check out the announcement trailer below.
Update: An EA spokesperson confirmed to Polygon, "We have not announced a release date for Real Racing 3, other than it's coming out later this year." We now have the first official screenshot as well — gawk at it below.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pax East: Bring us your Polygon Scavenger Hunt photos, Vines and stories