Real Racing 3 was announced earlier this summer for iOS.
EA's Rob Murray came out to show off a feature called "time-shifted multiplayer," an asynchronous feature that lets players compete in races against each other's "ghost" cars and interact with them as if they were real. In the demo, a racer bumped a ghost car being "driven" by someone who wasn't playing at the moment.
Real Racing 3 is set for release later this year; we've reached out to EA for a specific date and will update this post with any information we receive. The iPhone 5 launches on September 21st.
Check out the announcement trailer below.
Update: An EA spokesperson confirmed to Polygon, "We have not announced a release date for Real Racing 3, other than it's coming out later this year." We now have the first official screenshot as well — gawk at it below.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?