Real Racing 3 was announced earlier this summer for iOS.
EA's Rob Murray came out to show off a feature called "time-shifted multiplayer," an asynchronous feature that lets players compete in races against each other's "ghost" cars and interact with them as if they were real. In the demo, a racer bumped a ghost car being "driven" by someone who wasn't playing at the moment.
Real Racing 3 is set for release later this year; we've reached out to EA for a specific date and will update this post with any information we receive. The iPhone 5 launches on September 21st.
Check out the announcement trailer below.
Update: An EA spokesperson confirmed to Polygon, "We have not announced a release date for Real Racing 3, other than it's coming out later this year." We now have the first official screenshot as well — gawk at it below.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.