Assassin’s Creed 3 received a new video today highlighting the hero behind the American Revolution.
Assassin’s Creed 3 received a new video today highlighting the game's fictional hero behind the American Revolution.
In the third in a series of behind the scenes videos, the developers at Ubisoft explain that the overarching battle between the Colonies and Great Britain is reflected in protagonist Connor’s mixed American Indian and British ancestry.
The developers also revealed that they wanted Connor to meet meet and interact with historical figures in a way that history books wouldn’t normally portray them. To ground these interactions in a historical context, the video also features interviews with a former Navy SEAL and a pair of historians. Each offers his perspective on the Revolution and how Ubisoft sought to build a hero who navigates both sides of the conflict.
The video goes on to showcase the game's action, including changes to the traversal systems and combat, both of which Ubisoft discussed at a PAX Prime panel a few weeks ago.
Check out the video below to learn about the Revolution from the perspective of Assassin's Creed 3's hero.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes