Nintendo Wii U accessories priced for Japan.
Nintendo Wii U users can purchase a separate GamePad for ¥13,400 yen in Japan (roughly $172 USD), according to today's Nintendo Direct Japan conference.
Console stands for the new system can be purchased for ¥315, with a gamepad charge stand available for ¥1890. Comparatively, that converts to $4, and $24 USD.
In addition, a bundle which includes a Wii Remote, Nunchuck and Sensor Bar will be sold for ¥5,250 ($68), supplementing the console's peripherals which are required for some Wii U titles. According to the Nintendo Direct presentation, that's a ¥2,030 discount from the cost of the accessories if bought piecemeal.
Nintendo will offer a premium and basic set for the Wii U. Its premium set will include a black console, gamepad, two adapters, 32GB of flash memory, and an HDMI cable. The basic set, on the other hand, features a white console and pad, as well as 8GB flash memory.
It is still unknown to what extent prices in North America and Europe will differ. Stay tuned for our full coverage of both events today at 10 a.m. EDT. Both presentations will streamed from the official Nintendo website.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Game contoller for PC
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS