Stan Lee and Moonshark have teamed up to create Verticus, a new mobile game for the iOS.
Stan Lee and Moonshark have teamed up to create Verticus, a new mobile game for the iOS. The trailer debuted today at Comikaze.
Verticus is an arcade-style game. An alien race known as the Obliterators has infiltrated Earth's core, and only Verticus, a futuristic hero created by Lee, can stop them. Players collect coins and orbs to upgrade their suit and weapons while zooming to the Earth's center.
Moonshark recruited Lee, who lends his voice and image to the game's mission commander. In an interview with the LA Times, chief executive Matt Kozlov called Lee "an American icon for hero development and character development."
"He has created literally the most beloved characters in the world and some of the most popular characters in the world, from Spider-Man to Iron Man to the X-Men to the Avengers," said Kozlov.
Verticus will be available on iOS devices this fall. Currently, there are no plans for an Android release.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes