No online play for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimater 3DS.
The 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will not support online play, it was revealed by Capcom senior vice president of planning and business development, Christian Svensson.
Taking to the Capcom Unity forums, Svensson confirmed the decision stating "I'd have loved to have seen online as well for 3DS but it twas not to be. Sorry."
He added the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will make use of Nintendo's servers, as the Monster Hunter Tri servers will eventually be shut down. However, the team is "still waiting for Wii U builds in our office to play with and there's still many moving parts that no one except for the team members has first hand experience with at this point."
Svensson confirmed there are no current plans to package the 3DS and Wii U versions together in a bundle.
Capcom today announced Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is just one of the projects in the works for the Wii U, with others still yet to be announced.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'