No online play for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimater 3DS.
The 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will not support online play, it was revealed by Capcom senior vice president of planning and business development, Christian Svensson.
Taking to the Capcom Unity forums, Svensson confirmed the decision stating "I'd have loved to have seen online as well for 3DS but it twas not to be. Sorry."
He added the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will make use of Nintendo's servers, as the Monster Hunter Tri servers will eventually be shut down. However, the team is "still waiting for Wii U builds in our office to play with and there's still many moving parts that no one except for the team members has first hand experience with at this point."
Svensson confirmed there are no current plans to package the 3DS and Wii U versions together in a bundle.
Capcom today announced Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is just one of the projects in the works for the Wii U, with others still yet to be announced.
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- How indie devs are finding success, and publicity, in toys and merch
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians (update)
- BBC launches update of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there