The Adventure Time Game Making Frenzy, a 48-hour development jam session themed around the popular cartoon, took place this weekend, spawning puzzles, text adventures, and action-stealth games.
The Adventure Time Game Making Frenzy, a 48-hour development jam session themed around the popular cartoon, took place this weekend, spawning puzzles, text adventures, and action-stealth games, reports Venus Patrol.
The competition, sponsored by indie game showcase Fantastic Arcade, began on Friday, September 14th at 9 p.m. EDT and ended yesterday, September 16th, at 9 p.m. EDT, with around 30 contestants working in shifts to complete their games.
Results include Adventure Minute, an action title with Game Boy-reminiscent graphics by developers from Super Crate Box studio Vlambeer; Princess Textfighter Turbo, in which players set the series' plethora of princess in pit-fighting matches; Drop Ball Kinect, a motion-controlled lewd sports game; and Flash-based platform-shooter Slumber Party Panic.
A complete list of Jam submissions can be perused at the event's official website.
An official Adventure Time game, Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?! for Nintendo DS and 3DS, will release on November 13th.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer