Lone Survivor developer Superflat Games' next project will be a cross between Legend of Zelda and Demon's Souls, designer Jasper Byrne posted his blog today along with several in-progress screenshots.
Lone Survivor developer Superflat Games' next project will be a cross between Legend of Zelda and Demon's Souls, designer Jasper Byrne posted on his blog today along with several in-progress screenshots.
"Basically it's a combination of all the ideas I've been shooting around since the later parts of making Lone Survivor, from dungeon crawler to sci-fi head-messing to whimsical platformer," wrote Byrne. "Or another way of looking at it may be Zelda x Demon's Souls?"
The untitled project features two-handed combat, equipable weapons, and the ability to roll. Byrne is writing the game's engine to create a "sort of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass type" isometric 3D view for its environments, but will use 2D sprites to represent its characters.
Lone Survivor, Superflat's post-apocalyptic survival-horror title, launched for PC earlier this year through Steam. The game is a finalist in the "Best Downloadable Game" Golden Joystick category.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- The Swapper coming to Wii U later this year