Lone Survivor developer Superflat Games' next project will be a cross between Legend of Zelda and Demon's Souls, designer Jasper Byrne posted his blog today along with several in-progress screenshots.
Lone Survivor developer Superflat Games' next project will be a cross between Legend of Zelda and Demon's Souls, designer Jasper Byrne posted on his blog today along with several in-progress screenshots.
"Basically it's a combination of all the ideas I've been shooting around since the later parts of making Lone Survivor, from dungeon crawler to sci-fi head-messing to whimsical platformer," wrote Byrne. "Or another way of looking at it may be Zelda x Demon's Souls?"
The untitled project features two-handed combat, equipable weapons, and the ability to roll. Byrne is writing the game's engine to create a "sort of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass type" isometric 3D view for its environments, but will use 2D sprites to represent its characters.
Lone Survivor, Superflat's post-apocalyptic survival-horror title, launched for PC earlier this year through Steam. The game is a finalist in the "Best Downloadable Game" Golden Joystick category.
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- If you're still having trouble with Xbox Live, you're not alone