An industrious Xbox 360 owner disassembled his Xbox 360 slim and created a portable gaming device, he revealed today on Reddit.
An industrious Xbox 360 owner with a degree in electronic engineering disassembled his Xbox 360 Slim and created a portable gaming device, he revealed today on Reddit.
Redditor DBrizzle, a PhD student, spent eight months creating what he calls his "portable, laptop 360," which he estimates cost about $520, including the 360 that he dismantled. His invention now houses the guts of the gaming machine, an LCD display, and a laptop fan to cool the 360's heatsink. Though the unit is portable, it's not battery operated, as the power the box requires would only last about an hour, he wrote on Reddit.
He's answering questions on Reddit about the process, which he undertook "purely out of a desire for an electronics project" and to keep himself "sane" while he starts his final year of PhD study. He also documented documented the process it in an album available at Imgur.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer