A note from Jane Levin, Senior Director - Sales Operations:
In Media, us Ad Sales folks are used to being behind the scenes — and usually that's fine by us. Our jobs, when done correctly, are supposed to be a part of the whole operation without appearing to be a part of the whole operation. But the truth is you can't do what we do every day and not care deeply about the brands, about the editors, and about the content. We have to believe in it because we preach it, every day, to anyone and everyone who will listen. As a sales group we're not just responsible for our own goals, but for making it possible to keep delivering the highest quality content and technology to our loyal and passionate readership. It is a responsibility we take seriously.
Being a part of the Polygon launch has been an incredible ride so far, and we are very proud of whatever hand we've had in it. The excitement, from both advertisers and readers alike is palpable. We're doing amazing stuff here at Vox and it's a privilege to be a part of such a deeply collaborative and dynamic organization.
I am humbled to represent, in some small capacity, our incredible Revenue team here at Vox. You will get to meet a number of us in this episode, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention all the people you may not see here: the traffic and operations team, many of the designers and developers and our incredible team of account managers, without whom none of this would be possible. Advertising is a team sport. Without the contributions of every person from every corner of our group we wouldn't stand a chance at success of any kind.
Naturally being involved in the story of Polygon, being featured in this documentary, is a total change of pace for us, and I'd be lying if I said we weren't a little nervous. After all, advertising can get a really bad rap. No matter where I've worked in this industry the sentiment is pretty much always the same: "Ad guys are a bunch of suits, totally disconnected from the content and the audience." If you take anything away from this episode of Press Reset, I hope it's the idea that this just isn't true.
- Jane Levin, Senior Director - Sales Operations
See more Press Reset on our Press Reset hub page.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Telltale describes the difficulty of starting over in The Walking Dead Season Two
- Goat Simulator's Steam support is the 'most defining and important part'
- Report: Xbox Live could feature targeted political ads
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance adding Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy content
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!