A note from Jane Levin, Senior Director - Sales Operations:
In Media, us Ad Sales folks are used to being behind the scenes — and usually that's fine by us. Our jobs, when done correctly, are supposed to be a part of the whole operation without appearing to be a part of the whole operation. But the truth is you can't do what we do every day and not care deeply about the brands, about the editors, and about the content. We have to believe in it because we preach it, every day, to anyone and everyone who will listen. As a sales group we're not just responsible for our own goals, but for making it possible to keep delivering the highest quality content and technology to our loyal and passionate readership. It is a responsibility we take seriously.
Being a part of the Polygon launch has been an incredible ride so far, and we are very proud of whatever hand we've had in it. The excitement, from both advertisers and readers alike is palpable. We're doing amazing stuff here at Vox and it's a privilege to be a part of such a deeply collaborative and dynamic organization.
I am humbled to represent, in some small capacity, our incredible Revenue team here at Vox. You will get to meet a number of us in this episode, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention all the people you may not see here: the traffic and operations team, many of the designers and developers and our incredible team of account managers, without whom none of this would be possible. Advertising is a team sport. Without the contributions of every person from every corner of our group we wouldn't stand a chance at success of any kind.
Naturally being involved in the story of Polygon, being featured in this documentary, is a total change of pace for us, and I'd be lying if I said we weren't a little nervous. After all, advertising can get a really bad rap. No matter where I've worked in this industry the sentiment is pretty much always the same: "Ad guys are a bunch of suits, totally disconnected from the content and the audience." If you take anything away from this episode of Press Reset, I hope it's the idea that this just isn't true.
- Jane Levin, Senior Director - Sales Operations
See more Press Reset on our Press Reset hub page.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today