Super hero-packed massively multiplayer online game City of Heroes will begun issuing automatic refunds to its paid subscribers and players with other outstanding account balances beginning next Wednesday, September 26th, developer Paragon Studios announced today.
Customers with recurring subscriptions as of September 1st or who purchased Paragon Points (the MMO's in-game currency) after August 24th will receive full refunds through the original method of payment.
Paragon encourages members who have been using prepaid Game Time Cards, a system that allows players to add time to their game on an as-needed basis, to contact customer support and initiate a wire transfer. Players can expect refunds to hit their accounts within two weeks of approval.
Additionally, players with VIP status prior to September 1st will remain so without billing starting today. Paragon is also planning to host several special in-game events before the game shuts down permanently. Details on these events are forthcoming.
Paragon announced it was shutting its doors and powering down City of Heroes late last month due to a "realignment of company focus and publishing support" on the part of publisher NCSoft.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- This is the most accurate Pokémon trailer you'll ever watch
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth