Worms Revolution, the latest installment in the decades-old 2D worm-murdering franchise from developer Team 17, received a new trailer today highlighting the new tools available as the worms march to war this fall.
Worms Revolution, the latest installment in the decades-old 2D turn-based strategy franchise, received a new trailer today from developer Team 17 highlighting the new weapons and characters available when the worms march to war this fall.
The video, framed as a World War 2-era newsreel, puts the new game in a historical context by showing the evolution of the franchise's slimy protagonists throughout its history. Moving to the present day, the trailer shows gameplay footage of Revolution's new water-based mechanics, multiplayer offerings, and class-based team creation in action.
At E3 2012, Polygon spoke with Kevin Carthew, who has been making Worms games for 14 years and 19 games, about keeping the fruitful franchise fresh.
Worms Revolution is poised for an October 10th release on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and PC via Steam, where pre-purchasers can net a free copy of Worms Armageddon and in-game bonuses. Check out the worms at war in the trailer below.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap (update)
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games