Artist Olly Moss, known for his movie poster illustrations and cover art on games such as Resistance 3, pointed out a "disappointing" similarity between a Borderlands 2 image and his own work.
Artist Olly Moss, known for his movie poster illustrations and cover art on games such as Resistance 3, pointed out a "disappointing" similarity between a Borderlands 2 image and his own work today via Twitter.
"I'm a huge Gearbox fan so I was really disappointed to see this image inside the Borderlands 2 box," tweeted Moss. The silhouetted image is noticeably like Moss's work on a Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back poster, which he was paid to create.
The artist mentioned that he had no intentions of pursuing legal action, tweeting "Chill out. It's not a big deal. Just some insert art. Still, would have done it myself if they'd asked. Love their work."
Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford responded to the artist on Twitter.
"You're amazing. Inspiration is part of art and you've inspired us. But the bit that was lifted is uncool, so... consequences," tweeted Pitchford.
"Check your e-mail. We should be working together to do it right and legit."
Polygon has contacted both Moss and Pitchford for comment.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer