Kickstarter project InKarnate will allow players to quickly and easily customize characters for Dungeons and Dragons tabletop gaming.
Kickstarter project InKarnate will allow players to quickly and easily customize characters for Dungeons and Dragons tabletop gaming, if funded.
The project is a game-like interface specifically for tabletop game Dungeons and Dragons. Spearheaded by Glenn Rane, Alex Gagen, and Marc Hutcheson, the app visualizes characters, maps, and items. Users can also build interactive maps and roll new characters in a matter of minutes, as demonstrated by the app's Kickstarter video.
In an interview with The Escapist, the project's creators elaborated on the project's goals. The team hopes to "promote change" in the game's preparation by making the process faster and easier.
"With rules agnostic tools like the Map Builder and Adventure Creator, our intent is to make writing campaigns, adventures, and even one-off encounters simple and fun," the team told The Escapist.
The InKarnate Kickstarter will come to an end on Tuesday, October 2nd. It currently boasts 121 backs at a total of $12, 251. The project needs $100,000 to come to fruition.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down