Kickstarter project InKarnate will allow players to quickly and easily customize characters for Dungeons and Dragons tabletop gaming.
Kickstarter project InKarnate will allow players to quickly and easily customize characters for Dungeons and Dragons tabletop gaming, if funded.
The project is a game-like interface specifically for tabletop game Dungeons and Dragons. Spearheaded by Glenn Rane, Alex Gagen, and Marc Hutcheson, the app visualizes characters, maps, and items. Users can also build interactive maps and roll new characters in a matter of minutes, as demonstrated by the app's Kickstarter video.
In an interview with The Escapist, the project's creators elaborated on the project's goals. The team hopes to "promote change" in the game's preparation by making the process faster and easier.
"With rules agnostic tools like the Map Builder and Adventure Creator, our intent is to make writing campaigns, adventures, and even one-off encounters simple and fun," the team told The Escapist.
The InKarnate Kickstarter will come to an end on Tuesday, October 2nd. It currently boasts 121 backs at a total of $12, 251. The project needs $100,000 to come to fruition.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death