Star Trek Online continues to grow and make developmental progress.
Star Trek Online continues to grow and make developmental progress, as noted by a recent state of the game update from executive producer Daniel Stahl.
The massively multiplayer online role-playing game is set in the Star Trek universe, 30 years after the events of Star Trek Nemesis. The game launched in February of 2010 and went free-to-play in January.
"Despite what some may think, we have a deliberate path and long-term goals that we've been tracking quite well against," said Stahl.
"STO has not only survived, but is thriving at a time when many MMOs have kicked or are about to kick the bucket."
Star Trek Online recently adopted several employees from the recently closed 38 Studios and Paragon Studios. According to Stahl, the team has almost doubled in size over the last year and continues to hire.
The STO team will continue to work on several aspects of the game, inclding new loot, Foundry assets, a Romulan Colony "Adventure Zone", and a three-year anniversary event. For the complete list of improvements and future projects, you can view the post here.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free