A Cabin in the Woods DLC pack for Left 4 Dead 2 was cancelled due to money issues.
A Cabin in the Woods DLC pack for Left 4 Dead 2 was cancelled due to money issues, said director Drew Goddard on Reddit.
The Cabin in the Woods is a horror-comedy film starring Kristen Connolly and Chris Hemsworth that released in April. Goddard revealed the ill-fated DLC pack in response to a question about the movie's L4D2 easter egg. His response, which contains spoilers for the film, gave details about the DLC's location.
"We were actually going to do a downloadable L4D2 pack, where you'd fight in the Cabin world, but then MGM went bankrupt so the delay squashed it," said Goddard. "But the people at Valve were still cool enough to let us use some of their monsters to fill the cubes in the background."
"By the way—the game was gonna be amazing," said Goddard. "You were gonna be able to play in both the upstairs 'Cabin in the Woods' world and the downstairs 'facility' world with all the monsters."
"Believe me, I hate all video games based on movies, they always suck, but porting Cabin into Left 4 Dead felt like the right fit," said Goddard. "It pains me that it didn't happen."
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death