More DLC and a future Vita release could be in Borderlands 2's future.
More DLC and a future Vita release could be in Borderlands 2's future, according to Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford in a live interview with Kotaku.
Polygon reported previously on the game's Season Pass DLC, four packs expected before June 2013. Like the upcoming character class, Borderlands 2 will have additional DLC not included as part of the Season Pass package.
"We will have other, non-season pass related DLC," said Pitchford. "The additional character (Mechromancer) is one kind of example."
"We created the ability in Borderlands 2 to add additional characters because we want to use that ability. The Mechromancer is the first one. I hope to do more. The success of the Mechromancer will help to define this. Our ambition and passion and our fans' requests will also contribute to decision making about what we do," said Pitchford.
The Mechromancer DLC will be available on October 16th. No release date has been given for the first Season Pass campaign, although Pitchford mentioned that the DLC is "extremely far along."
Additionally, when questioned about the chances of a PlayStation Vita release, Pitchford responded positively.
"I think there's a real possibility," said Pitchford, echoing user romain.dupuy's phrasing. Pitchford did not comment further on the matter.
Borderlands 2 released on September 18th on the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort