Slender: The Arrival, an HD remake of free-to-play Slender: The Eight Pages in the works from Parsec Productions and Blue Isle Studios, released its first screenshots today, showing the same eerie, dark forest through the lens of a video game.
Slender: The Arrival, an HD remake of free-to-play Slender: The Eight Pages in the works from Parsec Productions and Blue Isle Studios, released its first screenshots today, showing the same eerie, dark forest but with a fresh coat of polish from its updated graphics.
Slender is planned to release commercially on PC in the coming months. Players must navigate a foliage-choked woods with only a flashlight and recover eight scraps of paper. The scraps must be found before Slenderman, the faceless tentacle-flanked suit-wearing legend of horror meme fame, finds the player.
"Slender: The Arrival is the official re-imagining of the original release that will engage players with the same terrifying gameplay, while adding a complete gaming experience that the fans have been asking for," developer Blue Isle wrote on their official blog. "The final version will include improved visuals, more content, more levels, and an engaging storyline to add to the Slender setting."
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song