A bug in Borderlands 2 linked to corrupted profile saves is resetting players' rank and stores of Badass Tokens, according to a thread on the game's official forums.
Players are reporting the bug in the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game. Caches for Badass Tokens, which are earned for completing certain challenges and can be spent on item upgrades and skins, are resetting to zero while the challenges they are earned from remain marked as complete. Players cannot re-earn these Tokens, and the items purchased with lost Tokens are disappearing as well.
"Our engineers are looking into this, and the information you've provided has proven to be a great resource while we investigate," Gearbox community manager Chris Faylor wrote. "At the moment, it seems to be a fairly rare issue and we'll keep you updated on when we resolve it."
We have contacted Gearbox for more information and will update this story with more information as we have it.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance