A bug in Borderlands 2 linked to corrupted profile saves is resetting players' rank and stores of Badass Tokens, according to a thread on the game's official forums.
Players are reporting the bug in the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game. Caches for Badass Tokens, which are earned for completing certain challenges and can be spent on item upgrades and skins, are resetting to zero while the challenges they are earned from remain marked as complete. Players cannot re-earn these Tokens, and the items purchased with lost Tokens are disappearing as well.
"Our engineers are looking into this, and the information you've provided has proven to be a great resource while we investigate," Gearbox community manager Chris Faylor wrote. "At the moment, it seems to be a fairly rare issue and we'll keep you updated on when we resolve it."
We have contacted Gearbox for more information and will update this story with more information as we have it.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app