Mushroom Men: Pax's Truffle Trouble, the third entry in Red Fly Studio's Mushroom Men franchise, was unveiled at Fantastic Arcade last weekend.
The first two games, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars and Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi, launched in 2008 on Wii and DS, respectively.
Pax's Truffle Trouble, as seen in the video with Red Fly developers embedded below, is a side-scrolling 3D puzzle game in which you, as Pax, navigate a world of blocks while the Truffle chases you down in your nightmare. The concept and gameplay appear to be inspired by Atlus' block-shifting puzzle game, Catherine.
Red Fly is developing Pax's Truffle Trouble with plans for Devolver Digital to publish the game on PC, PlayStation Network, and Xbox Live Arcade. The studio is asking for €50,000 in fan contributions on the crowdfunding site Gambitious. As of this writing, seven people had backed the project with 37 days left in the funding drive.
Red Fly was the developer behind Thomas Jane's failed Bad Planet Kickstarter game.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death