Mushroom Men: Pax's Truffle Trouble, the third entry in Red Fly Studio's Mushroom Men franchise, was unveiled at Fantastic Arcade last weekend.
The first two games, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars and Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi, launched in 2008 on Wii and DS, respectively.
Pax's Truffle Trouble, as seen in the video with Red Fly developers embedded below, is a side-scrolling 3D puzzle game in which you, as Pax, navigate a world of blocks while the Truffle chases you down in your nightmare. The concept and gameplay appear to be inspired by Atlus' block-shifting puzzle game, Catherine.
Red Fly is developing Pax's Truffle Trouble with plans for Devolver Digital to publish the game on PC, PlayStation Network, and Xbox Live Arcade. The studio is asking for €50,000 in fan contributions on the crowdfunding site Gambitious. As of this writing, seven people had backed the project with 37 days left in the funding drive.
Red Fly was the developer behind Thomas Jane's failed Bad Planet Kickstarter game.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft