Gambitious, a crowdfunding site dedicated solely to video game projects founded by a handful of dedicated industry veterans, launched in earnest earlier today.
Gambitious, announced earlier this year, was founded by developer Epic Tales' producer Paul Hanraets, Mastertronic CEO Andy Payne, and Devolver Digital founders Harry Miller and Mike Wilson. Gambitious is currently based in Europe but is working on spreading its services to other countries within the year.
The platform exclusively seeks funding for video game-related projects. Rather than receiving rewards for their monetary assistance, people who help fund projects will share part of the game's profits if it is successful. This makes it more of an investment than the typical donation through Kickstarter or IndieGogo.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones