Gambitious, a crowdfunding site dedicated solely to video game projects founded by a handful of dedicated industry veterans, launched in earnest earlier today.
Gambitious, announced earlier this year, was founded by developer Epic Tales' producer Paul Hanraets, Mastertronic CEO Andy Payne, and Devolver Digital founders Harry Miller and Mike Wilson. Gambitious is currently based in Europe but is working on spreading its services to other countries within the year.
The platform exclusively seeks funding for video game-related projects. Rather than receiving rewards for their monetary assistance, people who help fund projects will share part of the game's profits if it is successful. This makes it more of an investment than the typical donation through Kickstarter or IndieGogo.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer