A new mod for the PC version of Minecraft adds 30 unique biomes for players to choose from, according the mod's thread on the Minecraft forums.
The "Biomes 'O Plenty" mod can be installed but not altered, with biomes generating at random. Players can choose from a dozen new blocks to build with, including Mud, Red Rock, Ash, Dead Grass, Wildflower, and Willow blocks. Creator TDWP_FTW also developed the "ExtraBiomes XL" mod, and has included a small sampling from his previous mod in the biomes pack.
Biomes include bogs, crags, deadlands, glaciers, tundras, and more fantastical environments like the Ominous Forest and Shrubland. The mod is also not compatible with other mods that change the game's biome, and can only run with the ModBuilder program.
"Biomes 'O Plenty" can be downloaded off the Minecraft forums.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell