Developer Mythic Entertainment is celebrating the 15th anniversary of massively multiplayer online role-playing game Ultima Online by overthrowing its in-game king, reports the game's official site.
The development team has set up a seven-month-long in-game event that will see the deposition of the current king and the coronation of a new one.
The team has also released several puzzle pieces of the past few days. What these pieces will unlock remains unknown. Mythic is also holding a costume party to celebrate the anniversary at company headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia. The two best costumes, one male and one female, will win a pair of Mythic games off the EA Store.
Ultima Online first launched on September 24th, 1997, and is the longest continuously-running MMO of all time.
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Girl's Club video review: Just wanna have fun
- Never back a Kickstarter without a programmer (and other tips for not losing your money)
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing