Halo 4 offers a multiplayer mode in which you can play as the Flood, franchise director Frank O'Connor confirmed today.
According to CVG, the aliens will only show up in a specific game type called "Flood," which sounds like it resembles the "Infection" setup from earlier Halo titles. Two players start out as the parasitic aliens, trying to make sure that everyone else — up to 10 players in all — eventually suffers the same fate.
Halo 4 developer 343 Industries previously elaborated on the evolution of the series' alien antagonists, including the Flood, the Forerunners, and now the Prometheans, in a video released earlier this month. Be sure to check out our extensive preview coverage from last week here.
Halo 4 launches on November 6th exclusively for Xbox 360.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance