The release date calendar in this week's issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine includes a new entry of keen interest to JRPG fans: a potential PlayStation 3 remaster of the first game in Falcom's The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky trilogy.
Titled Trails in the Sky FC Kai: HD Edition, the entry claims that the game will come out from Falcom December 13 in Japan for 3990 yen. No other details are available for the title yet, although it could be an upgraded version of the original Trails released for Windows back in 2004. (That game was ported to the PSP in 2006, where it found much more popularity and became one of Falcom's flagship titles.)
Xseed released this PSP Trails FC in March 2011, but it remains to be seen whether they'll publish this PS3 remaster Stateside. If so, one hopes that Falcom continues releasing the rest of the Trails trilogy on the PS3 - it might make it easier for Xseed to tackle the rest of the trilogy, something they've demonstrated interest in doing but haven't yet due to a host of issues.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Tabletop Simulator - Overview video
- Limbo, Skullgirls Encore and more join PlayStation Instant Game Collection in May