Riders of Rohan, the upcoming expansion to developer Turbine's The Lord of the Rings Online MMO, is the subject of a new video released today exploring how the company works to create authenticity in their version of Middle-earth.
In the video, the developers discuss getting back to the root of the MMO — author J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy of novels. To that end, the development team works closely with artists to honor Tolkien when creating the characters and locations born of his imagination.
You can watch the video below to learn about the development of the expansion, which was recently delayed until October 15th. Be sure to check out a gallery of screenshots below the video, highlighting the in-game Harvestmath Festival event, which includes activities like apple-bobbing.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song