An enterprising modeler has used Minecraft to recreate the battle on the planet Hoth from The Empire Strikes Back, and released a video on YouTube detailing his efforts.
The YouTube video uses the audio from the 1980 film and overlays video of the ice planet's Minecraft interpretation. The remake includes the film's cast of human and robotic characters, including AT-ATs and Darth Vader.
"I have tried to re-create the Hoth sequence to the best of my knowledge, including all the highlight clips from the movie," the video's creator, who goes by ParadiseDecay on YouTube, writes in the video's description.
"No special effects or mods have been used..... its all vanilla 1.4 Minecraft!"
You can check out Hoth as imagined by Minecraft in the video below. If you're looking for more, you can also watch ParadiseDecay's recreation of A New Hope's trench run, which was posted to YouTube last year.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy