A limited-time deal from Sony and Capital One offers a free one-year PlayStation Plus subscription and $50 of PlayStation Network credit — all you have to do is sign up for a Visa PlayStation Card.
If you're a PlayStation fan who's looking to open a new credit card account, you could do worse than taking advantage of this offer. You'll receive redeemable codes for the Plus subscription and the $50 PSN wallet credit once you make your first purchase with the PlayStation Card (in order to get those perks, you have to buy something within 90 days of opening the account). Current PlayStation Plus members will get an extra year on top of their existing subscription.
The PlayStation Card includes its own perks through the Sony Rewards points system:
- 10x points on all PlayStation Network purchases
- 3x points on all PlayStation and Sony purchases at Sony stores and Sony.com
- 3x points at quick service restaurants, movie theaters and on your mobile phone bill
- 1x points on all other purchases
Sony Rewards members can redeem the points for content such as PSN funds, PlayStation software and hardware, movies, music, and electronics. Do keep in mind, though, that it doesn't appear you can redeem the points for cash with which to pay your credit card bill.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Minecon is officially off this year; looks to return in 2015
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off