The web interface for Call of Duty Elite, Activision's hub for tracking player progress in Call of Duty games, was overhauled yesterday by its operators at Beachhead Studio in advance of the upcoming launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
The redesigned site, as seen above, offers a new menu overlay that puts all navigation under the Browse option; provides recent updates on the News & Events page; collects clan-related information in its own section, Clan HQ; and includes a few changes to the way information is presented.
Here are the full details, straight from Activision's FAQ on the redesign:
- CAREER info has been separated by game and can be found under each game title header in the menu. Here you can check out your Career Summary and Recent Matches, tweak your Custom Classes, track Challenges and Leaderboards, and view your Weapon Performance.
- CONNECT is now called Clan HQ. Clan HQ shows all your Clan stats, including Clan Competitions, Rewards, and Clan XP.
- COMPETE has been changed to Competitions, and displays Events, Clan Challenges, Clan Operations, and Lone Wolf Operations.
- IMPROVE links are now located under each game title header in the menu, and breaks down Maps, Weapons and Lethal/Tactical items, Attachments and Proficiencies, Perks, Strike Packages, Deathstreaks, and Game Modes.
- My HQ is your hub for finding Game Summaries, the Vault, Recent Badges, and your Feed, which includes Notifications and Invites.
- ELITE TV remains ELITE TV, with Theater mode accessed by clicking the filter in the upper-left portion of the screen.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on November 13th, with a Wii U version due out later this year. Check out our preview of its expanded Zombies mode here.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding