Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons will be the first game from the partnership deal between Syndicate developer Starbreeze Studios and publisher 505 Games, and will be published to Xbox Live Arcade next year, the companies announced today.
The game's teaser trailer, posted below, outlines its premise: two sons embark on a journey to find a cure for their father's mortal illness. The two must balance and overcome each other's strengths and weaknesses in order to find the "Water of Life" and bring it home.
Starbreeze enlisted Swedish filmmaker Josef Fares to help with production for Brothers.
"When I first visualised Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I knew I wanted to combine the deep, engrossing storyline of a film with the physical experience of a video game, allowing players to emotionally connect with the characters as they trek across sweeping, interactive environments such as peaceful vistas, foreboding forests and dangerous mountainsides," wrote Fares in a press release.
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC next year.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding