Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons will be the first game from the partnership deal between Syndicate developer Starbreeze Studios and publisher 505 Games, and will be published to Xbox Live Arcade next year, the companies announced today.
The game's teaser trailer, posted below, outlines its premise: two sons embark on a journey to find a cure for their father's mortal illness. The two must balance and overcome each other's strengths and weaknesses in order to find the "Water of Life" and bring it home.
Starbreeze enlisted Swedish filmmaker Josef Fares to help with production for Brothers.
"When I first visualised Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons I knew I wanted to combine the deep, engrossing storyline of a film with the physical experience of a video game, allowing players to emotionally connect with the characters as they trek across sweeping, interactive environments such as peaceful vistas, foreboding forests and dangerous mountainsides," wrote Fares in a press release.
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC next year.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
- NIS America to make its GaymerX payment 'in full,' conference founder apologizes