The third and final installment in the Tales from Dunwall series of animated short films for Dishonored, "In the Mind of Madness," concerns Piero — the inventor of the unique mask worn by Corvo, the protagonist.
Piero hasn't slept in ages, but he's haunted by nightmares of a young boy dying horribly — an all-too-common occurrence, thanks to the rat-borne plague that has descended upon the city of Dunwall. His visions of death drive him to create a shield: a mask whose wearer would be protected from the airborne disease.
Piero didn't give the mask to Corvo himself; in fact, he didn't make it for anyone in particular. He just wanted to end his suffering.
Before watching "In the Mind of Madness," check out "The Awakening" and "The Hand that Feeds," the previous entries in the Tales from Dunwall series, which was created by animation studio Psyop and marketing firm Rokkan.
Dishonored launches on October 9th on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Read up on the game in our QuakeCon preview.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones