The third and final installment in the Tales from Dunwall series of animated short films for Dishonored, "In the Mind of Madness," concerns Piero — the inventor of the unique mask worn by Corvo, the protagonist.
Piero hasn't slept in ages, but he's haunted by nightmares of a young boy dying horribly — an all-too-common occurrence, thanks to the rat-borne plague that has descended upon the city of Dunwall. His visions of death drive him to create a shield: a mask whose wearer would be protected from the airborne disease.
Piero didn't give the mask to Corvo himself; in fact, he didn't make it for anyone in particular. He just wanted to end his suffering.
Before watching "In the Mind of Madness," check out "The Awakening" and "The Hand that Feeds," the previous entries in the Tales from Dunwall series, which was created by animation studio Psyop and marketing firm Rokkan.
Dishonored launches on October 9th on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Read up on the game in our QuakeCon preview.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'