Nintendo will release three downloadable content packs featuring a combined nine new courses for New Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario's gold-digging adventure for the Nintendo 3DS, starting this October.
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata detailed the three DLC packs during a "Chotto Nintendo Direct" video presentation this evening.
The first downloadable pack, named the "Gold Mario Go! Go! Pack," will include three new Coin Rush mode stages, with some 30,000 coins available, and will be the least challenging of the three. The second downloadable pack features three time-limited challenge levels that are primarily about reaching a high score. Those scores will be posted to Nintendo's web site, at least in Japan.
The third pack is the "Survival Panic Pack" and will present the hardest challenge for New Super Mario Bros. 2 players. Three extremely difficult levels await experienced players.
In Japan, the add-on packs will cost 200 yen each, or a little more than $2.50 in US dollars.
The three downloadable add-ons will be released in Japan on October 2nd. The DLC has not yet been announced for release outside of Japan yet.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell