Konami threw its Gamers' Night today where it showed off the latest screenshots and trailers for Zone of the Enders HD, New Little King's Story, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Karaoke Joysound, and Dragon Collection Studio.
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance will have a strong focus on the player upgrading themselves and their weapons, according to Kojima Productions producer Yuji Korekado.
Speaking at a roundtable at Konami's Gamers' Night, Korekado said that players will be able to access certain upgrades by trading in hands. Players can slice off people's left hands and sell them to a doctor, who rewards the player with upgrades. Players can also access upgrades by defeating bosses.
"[In the Tokyo Game Show demo] there were some upgrades provided to Raiden, but not too many. We wanted to have the players and...
Konami released a launch trailer for the PlayStation Vita-exclusive Silent Hill: Book of Memories today, showing off the character creator, the bloody fights against the undead, and the ways that characters will be able to interact with their environments.
The game was announced earlier this year at E3 and we wrote about our impression of it here.
Silent Hill: Book of Memories releases for PlayStation Vita in North America on October 16th. A demo for the game will be released on PSN next week.
Konami announced today that the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Collectors Edition will come with a "high-frequency" plasma lamp designed to resemble Raiden's sword, the game's complete soundtrack, and special packaging.
The Collectors Edition will be available on February 19th – the same day that the regular edition will be on sale. The Collectors Edition is yet to be priced.
We will update this post when more details are available.
Konami is localizing two popular Japanese social games for the US market, with Dragon Collection and MLB Dream Nine being released on Facebook today, it was announced at Konami's Gamers' Night.
Dragon Collection is currently on Japan's Gree network and has more than 6.5 million users. MLB Dream Nine is a baseball version of the overseas Dream Nine franchise.
Both games are free-to-play and are currently available on Facebook.
- PAX East 2014: All the games, all the news, all the kilts
- Bungie fires Halo composer Martin O'Donnell (update)
- League of Legends bots will start playing like people in new update
- Eufloria Adventures out on PS Mobile this week
- Half-Life record breaking speedrun clocks in under 21 minutes
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor updates won't slow down the game, says Blizzard
- Fable Anniversary designer Ted Timmins leaves Lionhead Studios
- From gatekeepers to guns for hire: The new role of indie game publishers
- World of Darkness developer CCP sees $21 million loss in 2013 fiscal year
- Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn registrations exceed 2 million worldwide