Early copies of Resident Evil 6 are finding their way into the hands of gamers, but Capcom says it's not because of an official change in the release date.
"Capcom works hard with its retail, distribution and wholesale partners to ensure that street dates for our titles our kept," a spokesperson told Polygon. "It is therefore disappointing to hear that copies Resident Evil 6 are already in consumers' hands ahead of next Tuesday's release date. We will continue to work hard to ensure release dates for future titles are adhered to."
Users on the forum NeoGaf and Twitter began posting about receiving copies of the game's Anthology Edition earlier this week despite the game's official release date being October 2nd. Review embargoes do not lift until October 1st.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death