Xbox 360 gamers can now earn real rewards based on the number of achievement points they've unlocked.
The MyAchievements promotion is part of Microsoft's Xbox Rewards program, which gives Xbox Live Gold members Microsoft Points for a plethora of things.
The twist here is that players are granted these rewards based on their achievement points. Players who have unlocked a total of 3,000 to 9,999 points will be granted a "special gift" during their birthday month. Players who have earned 10,000 to 24,999 get the special gift, plus a monthly one percent rebate on all Xbox Live Marketplace purchases. Players who have earned 25,000 points or more get the gift and a two percent rebate.
There is one catch: To participate in the Xbox Live Rewards program, you need to agree to receive regular communications which includes "program updates, offers and promotions."
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?